Dear Mervyns,
Thank you for having all your merchandise on sale for 50-70% off (sorry it is because you are going out of business). I was able to by 2 new pairs of jeans that I never would have bought at full price and I am LOVING them.
Signed, comfy in my pants
Dear van,
Can you please just try and hold on for a while longer? We just dumped a whole bunch of money into you and it wasn't very nice of you to turn your Check Engine Light on the very next day we got you back from the shop. We love you and don't want to lose you, but we also don't want to spend any more money on you. So please shape up or you are out of here!
Signed, an exasperated car owner
Dear sweet potatoes,
I have recently discovered that you make the most delicious french fries! Thank you for being so sweet and full of flavor that I can eat you without adding that fattening fry sauce I love so much on regular fries. Plus, the fact that you are supposed to be more nutritious than regular potatoes helps me justify ordering you as fries.
Signed, a happy diner
Dear Primary children,
I am very excited to be your new music leader! However, I will apologized in advance for the many voice breaks and squeaks that you are sure to have to endure. I am a natural-born alto and unfortunately all your songs were written for high little soprano voices. I will try my best though to reach those high notes.
Signed, Sister Seaver
Dear mother nature,
Thank you for finally deciding that it is winter and we should have some snow!
Signed, walking in a winter wonderland
Dear reader,
Please post a comment, I need to know you are out there.
Signed, a lonely blogger
May Overview
3 months ago

13 comments:
Dear Lara,
you are so adoreable, and I loved this post. I agree, I'm happy that it is FINALLY starting to look a lot like christmas.
signed,
your adoring cousin.
p.s. i hate having the where-are-all-the-comments-on-my-blog-blues. it happens to the best of us. :)
Dear lonely blogger,
I think you are fabulous & super funny. I enjoy reading your blog even though I don't usually leave a comment. Maybe it's the season but I am a sucker for anyone who has "lonely" in their title. Love you.
Signed. Closet bolgger
dear lonely blogger,
you are not alone in your blogginess. In fact I think you are very blogalicious. A regular bloggini. Keep it up you bloggster!
signed, other blogger
p.s. i hope you are enjoying the snow as much as me. yeah for finally coming through with december.
Lonely blogger,
I TOTALLY understand how hard it is for an alto to sing Primary Songs. Luckily children respond to a "head voice" over singing with your full diaphragm. (I seem to remember that from my Music Ed. class) You are definitely not alone in a soprano world.
Signed, another lonely blogger
Love this format - so fun to mix things up every so often. I think I need to try it. Glad you got your Christmas snow. Sorry about that darned check engine light!
This is a very cute post. I hear ya about the primary songs. I tend to switch octaves mid phrase if I need to! =)
Love the post. Good luck with the van! We know how it is to hang by a thread with cars.
Dear Lara,
Your blog really isn't that random and I always enjoy reading your posts. Blogging is another one of your many talents!
Signed,
A frequent reader
Your blog is my favorite blog to read, I'm not kidding. I am really glad we can stay in touch through blogging. It's a way of keeping in touch that works for both of us. How fun that you get to be the chorister! I LOVE that calling. I got to do that for two years, and my mom is doing it again right now. I just went to Mervyn's and got mysees lf an new shirt. I feel sad when a store goes out of business.
By the way, I also enjoy listening to the music on your blog from time to time to find new songs I like- since I'm so totally out of the loop on things like that. I have actually bought quite a few songs off of itunes as the result of listening to your music. I must say you have good taste!
Good luck with the car, and good luck with the primary songs! I know what you mean about those upper registers...
Lara-
I'm so happy you're the primary chorister too! After a year, I'm amazed those kids put up with my "not-soprano" voice as well. I loved this entry--very creative. We'll have to bounce some ideas around for our callings. :)
Super cute, Lara! Maybe I'll copy your format coming up here- I've slacked so much the past few months! It'd be a good way play catch-up/backblog/whatever.
I know how you feel about lonely bloggerhood - I get nearly no comments but then I hear from friends and friends of friends that they blog-stalk me. go figure.
I totally read your blog Lara :) Way to keep it up!
Post a Comment