Last Friday night Jayson took me on a surprise date! He had told me at the beginning of the week that we were going on a date on Friday, so I had the whole week to anticipate what it might be. It turned out to be far better than anything I could have expected. First, a bit of background information is needed . . .
A few weeks ago I submitted to get tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert. There are so many people that want to go they have started a lottery system that you just submit your names online and then they basically have a drawing of who gets to go. I was really wanting to go this year because the guest artists were The King's Singers, a world renowned men's ensemble from England. I grew up listening to their music and they are a favorite, so I was really excited about seeing them in concert. Anyway, I ended up not being chosen in the lottery for tickets.
So you can probably guess where Jayson took me for our date . . . the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert of course!!! He mentioned to a friend that I had wanted to go and that friend ended up having two extra tickets! So we got to go down to the concert and at the same time we got to go see the Christmas lights at Temple Square, which was another one of my holiday wishes. The concert was a lot of fun with tons of fabulous music. I love the arrangements that Mack Wilberg does (the choir director), he is a musical genius! The music was gorgeous, I now have a new favorite version of "O Holy Night"! I was even entertained with "The Twelve Days of Christmas". That song is usually on my list of "Top 5 Most Annoying Christmas Songs Ever". However, they did a really fun rendition of it with dancers acting out each of the verses and I actually enjoyed it. It was a very fun evening and earned Jayson a lot of points on the dating scoreboard.
Here are some pictures of what Temple Square looked like that night, but I have to admit I didn't take them. We forgot our camera, but I am such a visual person that I had to have pictures! I found these on the internet :) I was so excited to find one of my very favorite tree on Temple Square, it is the big red one. I think it is absolutely stunning, I can't believe how many lights they put up!
May Overview
3 months ago




1 comment:
wow! what a fun date. also, your pictures are incredible. makes me excited for christmas.
Post a Comment