THIS BLOG NO LONGER CONTAINS PICTURES OR FULL POSTS

* * * * * *

Dear Readers,

Welcome to my public blog. I use this blog now only for my non-family related posts. All of our family posts, including pictures and videos of our little guy, can now be seen on our private blog. Our private blog can be found HERE.

If you like to use Google Reader or blog lists to see when a blog has been updated, just keep this blog on those lists. I will put a post up on this blog letting you know I have posted on our private blog so that you will still get the updates.

If you would like an invitation to our private blog please leave your email address in a comment on this blog - comments must be approved prior to posting so no one else will see your address. Please don't hesitate to ask for an invitation if you have enjoyed keeping up with us through this blog. Blog Stalkers, it is time to make yourselves known! :) Seriously though, please ask for an invite if you want one and if you think I might not know who you are just give me a little reminder of how I know you.

Happy Blogging! -Lara

Thursday, July 31, 2008

One Year Older, and Trying to Look It

So I have been talking about chopping my hair for a long time, and I finally did it!!! With my birthday coming around and being a year older I thought maybe it was time I updated my hair style to make me look more "mature". I have had long hair forever so it was kind of scary, but I just got my eyes shot with lasers last week so I figured I could easily handle cutting my hair. I decided to donate it to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program, they make wigs for women who have lost their hair due to chemo. So knowing it was for a good cause made it a bit easier.

Today I am loving it! However, we'll see how I feel about it tomorrow when I actually have to style it myself :) Here are some before and after shots (sorry they aren't the greatest, I took them myself using the mirror)







So what do you think? Do I look older?

16 comments:

Keri said...

CUTE!!!

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

very cute hair. i love it!

Kelly said...

Your hair is way cute!! I love to get my hair cut. I always feel like a new person. How fun!

Mbeth said...

You go girl! you look fabulous (and mature). Happy birthday!

Misty said...

you look great! and much, much more mature! =)

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

Oh my goodness! So cute!! I love the a-line look (Spelling??). My mom had a wig when she went through chemo, so I know some woman out there will definetly appreciate your dontation. :)

Michelle said...

you look gorgeous! totally love it.

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new you Lara. It's adorable!!!!

Jamie Garlick said...

It looks great! It's a good change, especially for summer time!

Karen said...

I love it! Way to be daring!

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

I think it looks so good. I had my hair cut a similar way and I love it. You already looked mature, but you look even more so now!

Meghan said...

Wow! Lara, I LOVE it!! You do look grown-up, but in a sassy way, which means you're not too old to have FUN!

Happy birthday, big girl!

Amy said...

I love your hair Lara! It does make you look older and cuter too! Happy Birthday by the way! -Amy

Julie T said...

Yes! You do look older and definitely chic! The cut causes us to focus more on your beautiful eyes and lines of your face (you have terrific cheekbones!) Congrats on doing hard things like this and the laser! Kudos to Jason on the beautiful looking molten chocolate cakes for your birthday and I love the pianist and violinist you featured and will probably buy her cd! Thanks!

Carolyn Cahoon said...

Larsi! You look simply marvelous dharling. I love the back shot of it :) Very stylish, and I definately agree with sister tanner, it does frame that cute adorable face of yours! Love ya and the new dew.

Jessica said...

So cute! The cut frames your face very nicely! Happy birthday by the way!